Wikipedia vijay singh activist

Search results

Sunday, October 31, 2010

MY SUPPORT TO VIJAY SINGH WHOLEHEARTEDLY

- an Article by French poet and writer Mathieu Mercier
(A dear friend and a mutual source of inspiration & support)

The whole world needs people who struggle corruption and inequalities. Thus, I support Vijay Singh for his courage and his honesty. I highly respect him. When I first time met this out of ordinary man, we talked about his fights and our common aspirations. He is a free thinker and a brave human being. I was impressed by his powerful thoughts and convictions in name of the humankind. Our respective struggles have the same goal : equality and to support human rights. We are against unjustices especially when people oppress others. However, I don’t have any special skills and am not as brave as this outstanding man. I only have a pen and my personal convictions for equality and human rights. We must help people learn to be more open minded and have to fight corruption. I don’t have any abilities for giving speeches and for any leaderships either. As I enjoy meeting other human beings, everywhere I go, I meet oppressed people. Everywhere I go, I also support and speak out about homosexuality, women’s rights and handicapped people. They are often the most affected and their rights are seriously violated by traditions and old ways of thinking. Therefore, we must rise up and not be silent ! The sad reality is everywhere, that freedom of expression and human rights are banished. When I read and hear throughout the French or international media, I am disgusted by so much barbaric and intolerance from any country. However, I still want to believe in humankind and in hope. Everywhere I go, I meet people who share the same opinions and aspirations as mine. Most of them are often obliged to shut their mouths. The luckiest people live in a modern country and but there is still bigotry in backward places. Everywhere in the world, some people refuse to become corrupted and to struggle for any respect of honesty. Human rights and honesty are humankind basics.
To me, although Mr Vijay Singh gets many death threats, his efforts are very suitable and necessary. He is against corruption and supports poor people. We must support him ! I think that ignorance and poverty have always been ways to bring corruption and a deep lack of compassion. People lose their confidence in Humanity and its qualities. How may it be possible, nowadays, a world where people can starve, beside so much natural resources and wealth? The world possesses a lot of natural resources. I am persuaded that poverty brings corruption. Yet, we must get rid of corruption and we ought to create secular laws for equality among beings, without any difference. I am always disgusted and shocked to notice a huge difference between rich and poor people, and in basic rights between men and women. A human being should not starve in the whole world and should not be assassinated for his/her ideas and convictions either.
In any case, how to face and to cope with corruption? Some laws should avoid corruption to some extent if the Justice and the judges (a judge has to be objective) are neither religious nor dependent on the governement. Anyway, companies and rich people can easily get the support of good lawyers. Some international laws are against corruption and support workers and farmers. Are they condemned? Absolutely not because justice for everybody is a goal for utopia (there are too many inequalities and injustices.).
Furthermore, ignorance and poverty have always brought the slavery. I can deeply understand when people are obliged to steal for surviving. If I was in the same case, perhaps I would have become a thief too? In some countries, the poorest people are even capable of selling to their organs such as a kidney. I was always shocked by so many ashamed actings but their poverty is a unbearable condition. What to do when nobody helps you? If your parents are too poor, would you prefer to go to work and to feed your whole family? The schoolship should be compulsory for each child (any gender) and to be secular.
The slavery should be forbidden. I am sure the countries have their abilities to keep it away. In europe, some laws upbraid families and companies if they use the slavery. A poor man or woman, without fortune, is capable of doing any kind of works. Numerous big and average companies often use the slavery and violate human rights (for instance, rights of working). Their salaries work more 15 hours a day for a feeble salary or income. How to find a compromise between bosses and poor people? Rich people want to become richer and richer. They have an addiction to money and business. They are cynical. However, I don’t criticize their ways of launching its own trade but they had the chance to set up their companies (heritance or anything else). That’s why suitable laws should settle down.
The whole world needs the enlightment and more social activits. In France, people usually treat me like a humanist. I am not one but a human being with flaws and I support equality and human rights. I am for freedom and against all dictatorship and against all religious country (but not against the relief).
France, where I come from, is a country where you are not in jail for your ideas. Yet, little people from the West are open-minded and tolerant towards human rights and especially other cultures and other horizons. Indeed, people living in the West think people of poor countries are only poor and backward.
Thanks to my various trips all over the world, I strongly realized free thinkers could exist everywhere. I’ve met free thinkers in India, Brazil, Turkey or in Senegal. Thanks a lot to them for their existence! Thanks again to them for giving us the force to believe in equality and human rights. Most of people are not free thinkers. Mr Vijay Singh is part of these free thinkers and respectable people with a broad minded spirit.
Therefore, I fully support him and his fights for human rights. Everybody should do it too.
Mathieu MERCIER
--
Mathieu
http://picasaweb.google.com/mrmatmer
http://mathieu-mercier.blogspot.com/

1 comment: