Wikipedia vijay singh activist

Search results

Thursday, December 31, 2009

The story Begins...

I, Vijay Singh, was a school teacher and used to live in my village Chausana when I researched and found a fraud of around “4000 bighas” (265 Hectares) public agricultural land and other public properties of worth Rs.300 crores which was grabbed by political land mafias in my village. This public agricultural land was to be distributed to the poor, landless, laborers and unemployed villagers according to law (UPZ.A.). I demanded to get this property free and to be distributed the poor or to be occupied by the government. But there was no action taken.
Then, I started a strike/Dharana[agitation] against this illegal possession in front of the office of District Magistrate, Muzaffarnagar on 26th February 1996. I am completing 19th year of my strike on this 26th February 2015. After my strike an enquiry was settled by administration. The Commissioner and I.G.(Inspector General), C.B.C.I.D( Special state investigation agency) found the charges to be correct. After that 136 cases were logged against these land mafias. On the direction of the Principle Secretary, Home U.P. Dr. J.N. Chamber, District Administration has freed about 300 bighas land from the illegal possession and Rs.81000/- has been deposited in Government account as a fine in 2007. As many as 3200 bighas land was found involved in this public land scam. The inquiry is still continuing, but with very slow speed because of political pressure.
This property was grabbed by an Ex. M.L.A.’s family and some other mafias with nexus of corrupt revenue officials. This agriculture land should be distributed to the landless poor and laborers of the village. If this is done, our village will be a model where no one will be poor, jobless and hungry. My strike is totally non political and still continues in public interest and against corruption. In this 19 years period, these mafias have attacked me, my family and supporters several times. My strike is still continues with economic & moral support of some of my friends. I would continue this strike in future till a single piece of public land is grabbed is freed.

1 comment:

  1. I support you and your struggle. We have to bring honesty and humankind in that world! We must improve the mentalities.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete